Long Term Side Effects of PEP

Thank you for answering my prior question. I am on 16th day of PEP truvada only. Have side effects but main problem is anxiety. I have low back pain and stomach pain and scared to death of liver and/or kidney damage. Doctor ran blood at 8th day and said looked fine. Running blood test again at 18th day. This was one time event and really pretty healthy prior to this . Are my concerns for long term liver and/or kidney damage from 28 days of truvada unfounded. I can handle the other side effects but the anxiety is killing me.

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's exceedingly rare that the 28 days of PEP results in any long-term toxicity of the kidney or liver, especially among persons (like you) who were healthy when starting.

Sounds like you're going to have monitoring again in a couple of days; I'd mention your concerns to your healthcare provider.

Be well, BY

Treatment
Ruling out HIV