For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Diet Foods taken with HIV Meds

I have been trying to lose belly fat, and started to eat Diet Foods containing stuff like Xantham Gum, Guar Gum, Cellulose Gel, Sorbitol, etc.. Is it safe to eat foods containing these things with HIV meds (Isentress, Viracept, Abacivir, Epivir)?

Hello and thanks for posting.

You're on quite an unusual HIV treatment regimen- one that I've never seen in combination. Viracept. Really? It's been a long time since that medication has been used here in the US.

That said, as far as I know, none of your medications have any significant interactions with the diet products that you've listed.

What's better than atripla
high triglyceride at 4.1