Stomach acid and drug absorption

I am beginning a Reyataz/Norvin/Truvada regimen and making sure that I avoid antacids and that I eat a light meal in increase absorption and plasma levels. I wonder if I can take my Vitamin C with the meal? Would 500mg or 1g of ascorbic acid be acceptable with the meal and the medications? I am timing my calcium and other supplements for 12 hours away from my ART drugs, for what it's worth, but the Vit C seems like it could help.

Hello and thanks for posting.

You're right in taking your Reyataz regimen with food to ensure adequate medication absorption. Vitamin C doesn't have any significant interactions, so it's ok to take the supplement with your other pills if you choose.

BY

Tested positive and then negative
PEP Treatment