Any benefit from 15 days of truvada
Aug 21, 2012
I was placed on truvada 62 hours after potential exposure. Unprotected sex with street walker. Side effects and anxiety have me quitting at 15 days. Was this a waste of time or will 15 days help. Please advise.
Response from Dr. Young
Early studies on PEP suggest that there is a significant decrease in effectiveness if taken less than 28 days. I can't tell you if it was a waste of time, but the only way to be sure is to get the recommended HIV testing at 1 and 3 months.
I hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Thrush Pain Relief
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Can Hiv Positive People Receive Hair Transplants?
- Can Small Amount Of Vaginal Fluid Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.