hiv medication and using Cialis -tadalafil-

Hi I am writing from Turkey. I diagnosed almst 1 year ago. I did not started hiv medications yet but I will start soon. My Cd4 count is 233 and my viral load is too high 993.000. I wish to ask you that I am using frequntly Cialis (tadalafil) due to I have erectile problem. I will start to using truvada and kaletra soon. my quastions are; 1) Can I use the cialis with my hiv medicines? 2) My CD4 caount down in a month 120 (a month ago was 353, now 233), and my viral load too high (almost 1000.000). Is it due to that I am usung Cialis -tadalafil-? Thx in advance, and appreciated mission of thebody.com

Hello and thanks for your kind words.

Erectile dysfunction drugs can be taken with HIV medications, but since there is a drug interaction between the ED drugs and ritonavir (part of Kaletra), the lowest effective dose should be used, and when starting, any side effects should be monitored and reported.

Your CD4 decline is notable, and probably due to the very high viral load that you have, not due to the Cialis.

Sorry for the delayed reply, but hope that this is helpful to you. BY

Switching form Viramune/Truvada to Isentress/Truvada
animal pak pro-testosterone supplementation