Aug 21, 2012
I tested hiv positive in march and my cd4 count was 529 and after 6 months it increased to 717. Is it possible for it to increase without any treatment. Could it be a false positive? I haven't had another test to confirm my status.
| Response from Dr. Young
CD4 counts do vary considerably from day to day, often as a reflection of changes in the total white blood cell (WBC) count.
It's entirely possible to see this amount of fluctuation, especially when counts are in the normal range, but a more careful look at other T cell parameters, such as CD4 percentage generally will show that there's been less change.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.