cd4 count

Hi

I tested hiv positive in march and my cd4 count was 529 and after 6 months it increased to 717. Is it possible for it to increase without any treatment. Could it be a false positive? I haven't had another test to confirm my status.

CD4 counts do vary considerably from day to day, often as a reflection of changes in the total white blood cell (WBC) count.

It's entirely possible to see this amount of fluctuation, especially when counts are in the normal range, but a more careful look at other T cell parameters, such as CD4 percentage generally will show that there's been less change.

BY

Riskí
Geographic Tongue