I am out of Complera

Hello wonderful doctora and experts. I was put on Completa for the past there montes. I lost my job so i went to a Clínic that offers Ryan White Services. However, I was hired to work at the Clínic. I am so concerened that everyone will want to know my business. I am out of complera. How many days can i go with out before it becomes dangerous? My Heath insurance kicks in Nov 1, 2012. Am i doomed ?

Hello and thanks for posting.

First, you're not doomed.

While it's best to stay on HIV treatments, we know that interruptions in treatment do occur, and in the short term generally don't have any dire consequences.

If your receiving care at a Ryan White-funded clinic, speak to them about your health situation (ie., CD4 and other immediate health risks), as well as options to receive your medications during your insurance gap. If you're unemployed, there are often patient assistance programs from drug companies or government that can step in to help.

It's good that you have a new job (and even better, IMO that you're working to help others in the HIV community). There's no reason why others at your place of employment should know your health information- it should be protected by federal law, just as much as any client of the facility.

Be well, BY

how effective is the treatment
Pulmonia