how effective is the treatment

two months ago i was exposed to Hiv through comdom breakage and my doctor recommended a one dosage per day combivir treatment i was wondering how effective is the treatment since i have learned that this is a wrong dosage the medication should be taken twice daily but i did finish my treatment but i am scared of taken an HIV test.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Post-exposure prophylaxis is an effective way of reducing the risk of HIV infection after exposure. The effectiveness depends on a number of factors, including getting started within 72 hours of the exposure and having effective treatment. While Combivir is one of the recommended treatments, the correct dosing is 1 pill twice daily.

Your dose was indeed incorrect, if taken only once daily.

There's no way to know if you indeed were infected without doing an HIV test. Know that the testing can be confidential and now, can even be done with an at-home test.

I hope that helps. BY

Superinfection
I am out of Complera