Dental Surgery with low CD4 Count

Thank you for all the help that you've provided to me during the first 2 years of my HIV treatment. I'm not sure which section to post this in.. Due to an injury when I was much younger, my front upper two teeth need to be removed and replaced with impants (it's surprising they lasted this long..), so I will need them pulled, have posts put in, etc.. My CD4 percentage is 10 and my count varies from 140 to a little over 200, my HIV doctor would like me to avoid the dental work if I can, and I have a heart valve issue that makes me more prone to endocarditis (mitral value but not exactly mitral valve prolapse). But my teeth are sore and I don't think I can wait until the CD4 cout gets over 300 as my doctor would like. What do you think? How risky is it if I load up on antibiotics first and for the few days after the pulling and post work? thanks for your help

Hello and thanks for posting.

You do indeed have a low CD4 count/percentage. Yes, it probably is reasonable to defer elective work until your counts are healthy, but that shouldn't deter you from getting needed dental care.

Pre-treatment antibiotics are not an issue at all.

I hope that helps, BY

Where to go? and What to take?
Supplements and recent studies our Dr.s are recommending