Running out of meds...What can I do?

Hi, I found out I was poz in 2006 and have been on meds since then. I currently take Kaletra (2 morn/2 night) and Epzicom (1 morn). I will be running out of my prescriptions in a few days and I will be out of them for possibly two weeks until I receive more from ADAP. My question is my partner takes Atripla (1 pill a day). Could I get by until then by taking Atripla?

Hi and thanks for posting.

First, I wouldn't recommend jumping from your current regimen to your partners, without a discussion with your doctor about the risks and potential side effects (you can search this forum for information about "Atripla").

Second, I'd talk to your local AIDS service organization and pharmacy about any resources that you might be able to tap into. Indeed, why is it that while on an ADAP program do you find yourself short by two weeks?

Last, in the worst (short term) scenario, you could simply stop all of your medications (the key thing is to stop all, rather than only take either the Kaletra or Epzicom) for the 2 week interruption. There's very little risk of developing drug resistance this way, and while your viral load might creep back into the detectable range, there should be little long term harm.

I hope that helps, BY

Question about morals and ethics
Re:Re: Viral load jump to 933