true or false
Aug 14, 2012
Hi there! i met a guy recently that is HIV pos as me, but he says that he is not taking any meds and he has kept healthy for 15 years... is that actually possible?
Response from Dr. Young
Yes, it's possible for a persons to live a long time with HIV and not be on treatment. These so-called long-term non-progressors are rare individuals, and usually have very low, if not undetectable HIV viral loads.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Soaking Feet In Hot Water Improve Neuropathy?
- What Negative Cut Off Means On Hiv Test?
- Burning Tingling Feet Neuropathy With Swelling
- Partner Hiv Positive But I'm Negative And Pregnant
- How Long Do The Hepatitis B Vaccine Stay In Your System?
- Chance Of Getting Hiv Drinking Breast Milk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.