|true or false
Aug 14, 2012
Hi there! i met a guy recently that is HIV pos as me, but he says that he is not taking any meds and he has kept healthy for 15 years... is that actually possible?
| Response from Dr. Young
Yes, it's possible for a persons to live a long time with HIV and not be on treatment. These so-called long-term non-progressors are rare individuals, and usually have very low, if not undetectable HIV viral loads.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.