Artipla travel schedule

I started to take Artipla in Feb 26, 2012, CD4-111, VL 73000. Tested again in April 30, CD4-171, VL 449. Just did another test, but results not know yet. I take it at bedtime everyday. I need to travel to a place with 12 hour time difference for one month. I know Dr Young answered in a previous post suggesting 6 hours time difference is okay and one could still take it at bedtime local time. What happens if the time difference is 12 hours?

Hi and thanks for posting.

In general, I worry less about the differences in dosing interval for efavirenz (Atripla) during travel, than to keep the bedtime dosing requirement (for side effect management). So, if you're traveling for an entire month around the world, it's easiest to simply take the Atripla on the new time zone once you arrive.

In my opinion, it's best to have these fluctuations after you've been on meds for a while and have achieved an undetectable viral load, but that's by no means an absolute requirement (nor is this evaluated by any controlled clinical studies).

Bon voyage, BY

Passing of chlymidia
Efivirenz