LIPOATROFIA FACIAL

Estimado Dr., tengo lipoatrofia facial debido a los antirretrovirales q estoy tomando, zidovudina + lamivudina, ritonavir, efivurtide, darunavir, tenofovir. tengo cv indetectable y cd4 700. quisiera saber cual de estos medicamentos deberia sustituir y si es posible revertir la lipoatrofia (facial y corporal). es posible mejorar el desgaste facial mediante cirujano plastico?, sculptra puede ayudar en mi caso?, me pueden decir el costo en USA?, gracias

Dear Dr., I have facial lipoatrophy due to q'm taking antiretrovirals, zidovudine + lamivudine, ritonavir, efivurtide, darunavir, tenofovir. I have undetectable and CD4 700 hp. I would like to know which of these drugs should be replaced and if possible reverse lipoatrophy (facial and body). can be improved by plastic surgeon facial wasting?, sculptra can help me?, I can say the cost in USA?, thanks

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I used Google translation tool to convert your question from Spanish to English and added this below the original question.

You are on quite a lot of medications and the first question to ask your doctor is whether they are all necessary.

The one medication on your list that is most closely linked to lipoatrophy is zidovudine (AZT, Retrovir). Studies have shown that stopping this medication will slow the loss of facial fat and sometimes allow for rebuilding of facial fat.

Sculptra is effective for treatment of lipoatrophy. The typical cost in the United States is between $600 and $800 per vial. The number of vials needed to treat depends on the degree of facial volume loss.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Is it possible to determine how long I have been infected?
DHEA