Is it possible to determine how long I have been infected?

I recently tested positive for hiv. The only other time I tested was thirteen years ago, and it was of course negative. My cd4 count is 174 and my viral load is 497,000.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.

No, it's not possible to accurately tell when one was infected (other than to have periodic HIV testing). Your CD4 count and viral load are consistent with being infected for some time, but I can't tell you if this was one year or thirteen.

BTW, with your low CD4 and very high HIV viral load, it's very important to consider starting HIV treatments soon.

Be well, BY

Does PEP work if taken less than 28 days?
LIPOATROFIA FACIAL