Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks for your precious time Dr. Young.
Aug 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your time and answer Dr. Young. I have had a doctor visit this week, and i am taking medication and am referred to a physciatrist.

I do apologize for asking so many times from couple of days and so many times today.

I am sorry if i asked you here, i was very concerned doctor as it ended up, became a needle contamination with previous patients blood in the genetic clinic and later on the cold/coughs etc.

I thought i will put this behind me and pray to God and the second time when she got tested i was panicked as i am pretty sure her EIA came reactive and then they did the wb negative. The first time at 6 weeks it was a direct EIA non reactive, result on the same day.

If her EIA did not come reactive i would have never worried so much and lost 6 months of my time over stress.

But i will close this unfortunate and bad chapter of my book and try to get back into my life as soon as possible.

Also i was worried about her budasonide for oral inhalation, since she took the last time even before the day she tested and the topicor cream for her vitiligo small spot if they cause a false Western blot antibody negative test.

The reactive EIA and the disclaimer this third time, raised flags and increased my fears.

But thank you very much.. You are a great person who help so many people, your career is amazing.

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your follow up note.

I wish you well, BY

Previous
superinfection
Next
Starting treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.