Dr. Young, can you help?

Sir Dr. Young, can you please help me? Thank you so very much.

Dr. Young,

Every minute i am reloading the web page hoping you would answer me.

The recent test, the doctor told that he is going to order confirmatory western blottests, and that is what the nurse told me.

I can understand you must be a very very busy person. I can personally come to meet you and thank you for your support in Colorado. Please read my major concern and answer me! What ever it is. Should i need any other tests.

Here i explained the contamination in detail and then i also explained about the test results.

Reactive EIA and negative Western blots the second time when she got tested. . Is my child fine?

I know you asked me not to ask question here. But you know my daughters case. Please help me one last time and advice me and i am out of here. or if you want to me email me that is fine.

{{{My 3 year old daughter had a blood contamination while drawing blood, blood stains were there on the torniquet and i did not realise that until later, the person drawing the blood asked me to hold my daughter and i was kissing her telling that it will pain and i was not paying attention as to what is happening down, but a needle contamination with previous patients blood in a genetic clinic. Because for children the place where they put the torniquet and where they draw blood is near by the area where it is drawn and also comes into contact with the area. Even the report he gave before drawing the blood had blood stains from the torniquet, which i realised later. He was an old guy, and wearing spectacles, that is why he must not have realised. }}}}

After that incident she is getting cold and cough continously all the time, before i don't remember taking her to a doctor except once every six months. After the blood was drawn she had high fever 3 days later for couple of days and 10 days later for couple of days. Our pediatrician says it is allergies. Before she never had it, i dont know what is going on.

Finally i got tested because her eia was reactive the second time after 5 months 20 days and then the western blot was negative. A recap 1) 6 weeks after the incident got tested, HIV1/2 Antibody EIA with reflex, result: non reactive. 2) 5 months 20 days after the incident got tested, same pediatrician ordered same test as the first one HIV1/2 Antibody EIA with Reflex, but because the eia came reactive, they sent it out to California for confirmatory testing. And finally result is HIV WB INTERP: NEGATIVE and HIV2 ANTIBODY, IMMUNOBLOT :NEGATIVE. 3) Third time tested recently, This is after 1 year after the incident, new pediatrician, because I told him that the eia screening came reactive(the second time when she got tested) he said he is going to order confirmatory tests only. On the day when blood was drawn doctor was not there, so later atleast that is what the nurse told me that he ordered western blot tests

HIV1 Western blot, HIV 2 Western blot, PCR HIV-1 Quant.

HIV1 Western blot: NEGATIVE. No such disclaimer. HIV2 Westernblot: Interpretation : NEGATIVE. Below that i don't know if it is a disclaimer or they have specific to my daughter's test result. "Confirmatory Western blot testing is more specific than initial EIA screening, however discrepant EIA results should be followed up or repeated as clinically indicated. I am not sure why they have written that, that too just for HIV2 Western blot. The did a PCR Quant for HIV1. It doesn't say RNA or DNA and the values are Is that ok? Normal means negative right? HIV 1 Viral Copy <20 copies/ml and HIV 1 Viral Log < 1.301 LOG COPY/ML

a) Does this mean i should repeat her EIA for HIV-2?

First time she got EIA non reactive, second time she tested eia reactive but western blots negative, Third time, she got tested only western blots and they were negative and PCR for HIV 1 was normal. The did a PCR Quant for HIV1 That disclaimer under the HIV2 Western blot result, bothers me, something tells me that they have done an EIA and that is why they mentioned about the conflicting EIA result but not sure because i think specifically Western blot was ordered.

So knowing all this I mean first time EIA non reactive, second time EIA reactive, western blots negative, third time Western blots negative(ofcourse with that disclaimer), and pcr for hiv1 negative. Is she ok Dr. Young or should I go a PCR for HIV2 or just ask the doctor to run simple antibody tests(EIA with reflex). {{EIA Antibody with reflex means only if the EIA is reactive then only they run the Western blot step.}}

The thing that bothers me is that second time, why i did not receive a simple EIA non reactive result, like the first time and again this time recently i do not know as to why it is mentioned "Confirmatory Western blot testing is more specific than initial EIA screening, however discrepant EIA results should be followed up or repeated as clinically indicated. I am not sure why they have written that, that too just for HIV2 Western blot".

c) Hope you understand and please advise me if i need to get another EIA and a PCR for HIV2?

Also she was on budasonide for oral inhalation and topicor cream for the spot of Vitiligo. Are her HIV2 westernblot and HIV1 westernblot test reliable, because she has used budasonide and topicor even the day before drawing the blood to get tested d)I mean will these medications cause a false HIV1/HIV2 western blot negative test result?

Thank you.

As you have noted, I no longer answer questions here about "do I have HIV?" There is a separate forum about Safe Sex and HIV Prevention that focuses on this topic. This is a Forum to help people about their important HIV medical decisions, it is a diservice to these people to expect that we'll divert our efforts away.

Please don't post questions 4 times in 1 day. It's not necessary, there are nearly 100 questions in our queue, so it takes time to answer them- and even then, not all will get a personal answer.

With this post, I know even more about your daughter's case. Her only possible exposure to blood was on the tourniquet? This is not a HIV exposure. Period.

She didn't even need to get HIV tested.

All of her tests are negative for HIV.

I feel sorry for your anxiousness about this, but there is no need to come to Colorado, no need for your daughter to receive any additional HIV testing for this exposure. To be quite honest, your fear is far out of proportion to the medical risk. Indeed, my concern is that your undo anxiety about her health should receive medical attention.

I wish you well, but please, for the health of you and your daughter, know that this seasoned expert feels that the HIV testing has been more than adequate and definitive for a non-exposure.

BY

Fruit juices with citric acid
how safe is Sex with clothes on ?