Aug 11, 2012
good day, i used to take lamivir, tenvor and effavir, and now i wanna start taking viraday! ist better? or just the same?
| Response from Dr. Young
Since lamivudine (3TC) and FTC are essentially the same, a switch from tenofovir+3TC+efavirenz to Viraday (Atripla-- tenofovir, FTC+efavirenz) should be fine. I wouldn't necessarily call it better since the medications are largely the same, though one tablet once daily is certainly more convenient.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Symptoms?
- If Both Partners Are Std Free Can You Still Get An Std?
- Other Causes Of Trichomoniasis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.