Aug 11, 2012
good day, i used to take lamivir, tenvor and effavir, and now i wanna start taking viraday! ist better? or just the same?
Response from Dr. Young
Since lamivudine (3TC) and FTC are essentially the same, a switch from tenofovir+3TC+efavirenz to Viraday (Atripla-- tenofovir, FTC+efavirenz) should be fine. I wouldn't necessarily call it better since the medications are largely the same, though one tablet once daily is certainly more convenient.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause Genital Warts?
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.