Aug 11, 2012
good day, i used to take lamivir, tenvor and effavir, and now i wanna start taking viraday! ist better? or just the same?
| Response from Dr. Young
Since lamivudine (3TC) and FTC are essentially the same, a switch from tenofovir+3TC+efavirenz to Viraday (Atripla-- tenofovir, FTC+efavirenz) should be fine. I wouldn't necessarily call it better since the medications are largely the same, though one tablet once daily is certainly more convenient.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Have Initial Hiv Symptoms And Test Negative?
- If You Have Hiv Symptoms Can Test Results Show Up Negative?
- Myths Or Stereotypes About People Infected With Hiv
- Non-reactive Hiv Antibody Result
- How Long Is Hiv Alive In Spilled Blood?
- How Long Does The Hiv Virus Live On A Razor Blade?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.