Allergic reaction to Complera

Hello! I have been HIV positive for 5 years and have not taken any medication, recently I decided to get treated as my CD4 was 202 and VL 700k. My Doctor prescribed Complera, 5 days after my 1st pill I woke up swollen and with a severe rash. I went to the emergency room and they controlled the swelling. My Doctor suggested that the rash would go away and prescribed Predisone. It's been 5 days with and severe rash and today my face is swollen again. Please advise, suggestions?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Certainly sounds like you might have had an allergic reaction to one of the medications in Complera.

At this point, particularly since your still symptomatic, you should speak to your healthcare provider. It'll be important to evaluate your symptoms and to get you back on HIV medications as soon as it's safe to do so.

BY

hemoglobin and HIV
Lowering VL with Truvada before starting Complera