3 months after Efavirenz and Truvada

I hope you are doing well. A little over 3 months I started treatment with Truvada and Efavairenz with almost none side effects, thanks god. I started with CD4 380/13% and a VL of 18 000 copies. After 3 months on treatment My CD4 737/17% and a CV of 624 copies. It could be said that the treatment is doing the right thing. Ive made the appointment with my doctor but I am a little distressed, Thanks in advance for your answer. regards Peter

Hello Peter and thanks for posting.

Your labs look ok to me, but I'll admit that I'd might hope to see a greater viral load drop after three months. Your decrease to 624 is about a 95% reduction-- actually not bad.

The treatment is indeed doing the right thing, your CD4 count has increased a lot and your CD4 percentage is no longer in the AIDS-defining range.

I hope that helps, BY

Gaining weight