Colonoscopy while taking Truvada/Ripilvirine

I am in need of a colonoscopy and am on Truvada and Ripilvirine. I always take at dinner. Since I won't eat the day before the procedure, what should I do regarding the prep day of the procedure with my meds? I have never missed a dose.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Firstly, I would fully support getting your cancer screening colonoscopy. There's some concern that HIVers might be at greater risk of colon cancer, so screening and early detection is important for long term health.

If you're already undetectable on your current regimen, missing a single day's treatment won't cause any problems. The alternative would be to take your medications with a meal at the last time prior to the prep for the procedure.

I hope that helps, BY

Aluvia 200/50 Lopinavir/Ritonavir
pep treatment