viramune extended release

I have been on Truvada once a day and viramune 200mg twice a day for years and years with VL non dectectable and TCell around 850. My doctor has just changed me to the new extened release Viramune as they are new on the market and I am totally nervous about changing when things are so good.Am i just being a bit paranoid about less tablets are better but still the same mg.Thanks for your time

Hi and thanks for posting.

Since the extended release (XR) version of nevirapine (Viramune) is pharmacologically the same as the older nevirapine, the switch should be both safe and effective for you. Hopefully the lower pill number and dosing frequency will also be of benefit.

Be well, BY

HIV at home test validity 1&1/2 years after exposure
"Is it dangerous to take w/ HIV meds?" *URGENT*