Re: Viral Load Jump up to 933

Hello Dr,

Thank You for your reply

I'll do a confirmatory VL and CD4 test tomorrow . However, I'll fly to Indonesia the next day for a month, so whatever the result is, I can't do anything until I come back I would like to ask you, if I have a drug resistance and I still keep taking my current regiment for a month, what is the risk? I mean what will my VL numbers roughly in next two weeks from now? Would I be so vulnerable with any other virus or bacteria?

Thank you

Hello and good to hear back from you.

If one truly has virologic failure and drug resistance, continuing on the regimen risks the accumulation of additional drug resistance mutations and further cross resistance. For this reason, dealing with drug resistance promptly is important.

It's less likely that having a detectable viral load over a few extra weeks would put you any additional risk for infections.

I would be sure to stay in contact with your healthcare providers, so that they can provide more timely advice on what to do, or even if it's reasonable to stop treatment whilst they make decisions about a next treatment regimen (if it's needed).

Hope that helps, BY

What to do before positive results? re insurance
Loss of insurance and pharmacy benefits