CD4! I am very afraid!

Hello Doctor ,

My Cd4 last time was 849 and now are 776 , I am waiting for my VL results but I am afraid if the changed to prezista has something to do with the cd4 drop !! I am so afraid of developing resistance!Do you think I am developing resistance or that the new meds are not that great compare to reyataz? please doctor help me!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Take a deep breath-- your change in CD4 count is not significant in any way. Indeed, it's not uncommon to see that amount of variation, especially among people like you who have normal CD4s.

A viral load test is what is needed to determine if there's any concern for virologic failure or emergence of drug resistance. Even if the viral load is detectable (as can be the case for people who are just starting on medications or who have their tests erroneously done during illnesses or vaccination), many don't have measured resistance-- then a resistance test determines if resistance is an issue.

So, I hope that helps. Feel free to write back anytime. BY

interations among priscriptions
tratamientos