Aug 5, 2012
ok, i dont understand... should u try to take PeP right away even if u dont take an early detection test for hiv? or take the early detection and then take the PeP? and how do i get help for it?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
If I understand your question, PEP should be taken soon after a significant HIV exposure. Prior to PEP being prescribed (and taken) one should have a (preferably rapid) HIV test- clearly, if one is already HIV positive, PEP isn't going to prevent new infection.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Be An Hiv Carrier And Still Be Negative?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Will Yeast Infection Cream Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Pills To Take For Chlamydia?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Could Very Small Bumps Be Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.