white blood cells in urine
Aug 1, 2012
does having white blood cells in your urine and indicator that you might have chlamydia or any other STD
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
White blood cells in the urine (assuming that the sample was obtained appropriately- ie., clean catch, and without evidence of epithelial cells) are an indication of inflammation in the urinary tract. Commonly, this can be because of infection (STDs, bladder or kidney infection) or kidney stones.
If you have this finding, you should talk to your doctor about the significance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Open Wound
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Sex Toys?
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.