Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv infection
Jul 31, 2012

hii Doc my name is mandla i have a problem i cant even sleep at night i had sex with the girl i met at the club 3 weeks ago i did use protection and on my second round when i get out of her my condom was not on the point where its supposed to be it was in the middle of my penis but not out so i am afriad mybe i got infected with HIV because three dayz after that i had strange pains on my penis inside and my penis change colour but i went to the clinic and the pain stopped but its not the first time had the same problem with my penis it happened three years ago and i went to the doctor and he told it was blood problem now i am worried coz i dnt trust this girl my my penis did touch some of her virginal fluid and sperm now i cant eat i have flu and all the symtoms of a person with HIV i am scared ive been abstain for last three years now i get this pliz help me doc is there an possibility that i am positive?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Mandla,

The situation you describe is not one that would put you at high risk for having HIV. You were wearing a condom that may have slipped but was still on. Also the symptoms you describe are not ones that we see with new HIV infection and they started much too soon to be cause by HIV.

I would not worry. Continue to practice safe sex. You can have yourself tested for HIV to reasuure yourself that you are not infected if that will help. Having HIV testing is never a bad thing.

Joe

Previous
hiv like virus china
Next
HIV and in ICU with a Tracheostomy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.