New Meds

I have recently been prescribed the following drugs for my HIV infection: Reyataz 300mg, Norvir 100mg, and Truvada. What is your overall opinion of this combo? Am I suppose to take the drugs all at one time or during different times of the day? I realize I should be asking my doctor these questions but currently have no insurance and have sought help from the state. Making contact with my doctor is next to impossible.

Hello and thanks for posting.

The regimen that you've been prescribed is a good one; it is one of several recommended regimens in current US treatment guidelines. All of the meds can be taken at the same time, once daily (with food, or right after a meal).

If you're short on the insurance, I'd suggest working with a case manager to ensure that you're fully accessing all of the programs that you might be eligible for, including patient assistance programs.

Also, I'd suggest reviewing our Resource Center for Starting HIV Treatment; there are many additional details of how to take your medications and strategies on how to be adherent.

Be well, BY

Antibiotics As Part of Treatment
hiv like virus china