Dose and side effects

Hello! This is the best service I could find on this matter and this site already helped me a lot. However, I have some questions remaining.

1) The doctor put me on Combivir (2 daily) and Kaletra (4 daily), is this an appropriate dosis?

2) I am on the dose since 3 days and suffer from massive (imo) side effects, i sleep for approx 14-15 hours daily now, and any fluid i drink almost immediately gets out with diarrhea maybe more than 20 times daily. is this normal or do I even have to fear of dehydration?

3) I found the prostitute where my condom busted and did a quick hiv test with her (negative). the doctor said, that this probably doesnt cover the last 3 months of infection though. is that correct?

sorry to annoy you with so many questions....but this would really help. thank you in advance!!

Hello and thanks for posting.

You are on the correct doses of your medications. As for your side effects, they are not unheard of on this particular regimen-- Kaletra and Combivir both are associated with diarrhea and the later associated with fatigue.

Your doctor is correct that the rapid test doesn't cover your sex worker's last several months of possible exposures, but is nonetheless a good thing that she's HIV negative.

If your side effects persist, you should definitely communicate this to your doctor.

Be well, BY

Letter from a crying mother (Readers: please share your experiences)
Thanks much Dr. Young