Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

viral load increase
Jul 29, 2012

Hello again, I have asked one question this morning about the sudden increase of the viral load above the undetectable level (that here in Spain is < 40 copies/mL) up to 78 copies/mL. I just wanted to add, for more clarity, that since I have started the treatment with Atripla (in November 2010) I have never missed a doses. Thanks again for your great job and support.

Carlos

Response from Dr. Young

Hello Carlos,

Worry not. A single viral load increase to only 79 is rarely a marker of anything bad- rather, it is most likely what we call a "blip", and not predictive of drug resistance (especially in people who were undetectable and remain adherent to their medications).

Be well and thanks for your warm comments. BY

Previous
Whats meds to change
Next
having sex n dysplasia

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.