Take a ayurvedic medicine

hello, i m hiv positive last one year .so read on the internet most of ayurvedic hospital in india show via ayurvedic can hiv positive turn into negative.so my question is is it true ? Can i Take ayurvedic medicine for turining into hiv negative?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Ayurvedic medicines are based on herbal therapies from the Hindu tradition. There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that these treatments can turn an HIV positive person to negative.

First of all, a "positive" HIV test means that you have antibodies in the blood which developed when the immune system reacts to HIV. Even when HIV is fully suppressed on medication, the antibodies would not go away. In fact, you would not want the antibodies to go away, That would be a sign of a weakening immune system, not a stronger one.

From the beginning of the epidemic there have been claims about treatments that can cure HIV. Many of these are from well intentioned people who truly believe in them, but some are out to sell products that they know do not work. Either way, I cannot recommend them since they have not been shown to be safe or that they actually do what they claim (cure HIV).

I know these reports sound very attractive, but you have to protect yourself from false claims.

Best, Joe

Efavirenz with pregnancy
Help is needed!!!