how long it works?
Jul 29, 2012
hi doc, on average, for how long a person be healthy taking a single regimen like atripla or other? few months/years or decade? please tell me from ur immense clinical experience. regards.
Response from Dr. McGowan
I am not sure it is immense, but it will do.
As long as a person does not miss doses, once the virus is supppressed there is no reason the meds should stop working...if the virus can't grow it cannot mutate, if it cannot mutate it cannot escape. So the answer is decades... Of course changes may be made due to side effects or as new and improved (easier to take, combination pills, new targets for treatment) meds become available.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.