Jul 29, 2012
HIV virus can spread through the used rapid test strip, if some one can touch the used strip and put his finger in his/her ulcerated oral cavity(mouth),now what he will do?????
Response from Dr. McGowan
If it is your own test strip, you can't spread virus to yourself.
If it is someone elses discarded test strip, once it is dried out it is no longer infectious.
Also, in general, I would advise anyone not to put used medical devices in their mouths...I am funny that way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Buffalo Hump Neck Cure For Children
- A Positive Hiv Antibody Test Result Means
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- What If I've Never Had Sex And I Have Herpes?
- What Doctor I Should Go To For Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.