Switching Meds-Can I go back if it doesnt work?

Hello Drs. I've been HIV+ close to 2 1/2 years and have been on Prezista/truvada/norvir combo. I'm undetectable and my cd4 counts is currently above 750. I'm doing very well on my current regimen and recently saw my specialist and mentioned I'd be interested in trying complera as it is just one pill a day as opposed to my four with my current regimen. She agreed to switch me over and also she said if this doesn't work out I could try the quad pill when it comes out later this year. My concern is that if I don't tolerate either pill well would it be possible to go back to my current meds? Best Regards.

Hello and thanks for posting.

So long as the current regimen is your first regimen and there's no historical or current concerns about drug resistant HIV, then switching from your current regimen to Complera (or the soon to be FDA approved Quad) should be fine.

Similarly, if things don't work out after switching, you could switch back to your current regimen (at least until a better tolerated option was available for you).

Hope that helps, BY

is it too late
Delayed intake