is it too late
Jul 19, 2012
I someone has been living with hiv 2 for many years and didn't know it and is now starting to get sick. Is it too late for meds?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While we often talk here about the benefits of starting HIV therapy earlier, it's never too late to start treatment.
I'd work with your doctors to find the best options for treatment and learn about strategies to be adherent to the medical regimens.
Improved health is certainly possible.
Be (and get) well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Protected Anal Sex Safe?
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- What Is The Risk Of Rubbing Vagina?
- Does HIV Cause Runny Nose?
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.