low cd4 undetectable viral load

Hello and thanks for your great help. I would like to ask if it is normal that my cd4 number always go down( the last 5 years) even though my viral load is less than 40. Recent cd4 277. I started medication approx. 7 years ago. My wbc is 6000. I do not know the % of my cd4. I feel very good and never got sick. Are there any hiv medications that affect the cd4? i take stocrin AZT and 3TC. Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

In brief, it's not entirely normal for the CD4 count to decline with an undetectable HIV viral load. It's good that you otherwise feel well, but I'd want to explore if your having any other medical issues, or possibly medication toxicity. Looking at your CD4% would be helpful, if that information is available- if your percentage is stable, then one might conclude that the cause is a relative decrease in all white blood cells.

For example, AZT is known to somewhat decrease blood cell counts (white and red cells), and it would not be too surprising if this might be a cause.

I hope that's a helpful start, but write back if I can be of any additional assistance. BY

Stopped PEP after 3 days
cryptococcal menningitis