Hair loss with PEP?

Hi I had a needlestick injury at work and was placed on kaletra and truvada since June 23. I am now noticing a huge amount of hair loss. Is this normal and will it stop once I finish the 28 days regiment?

Hi and thanks for posting.

First, one should ask if the hair loss is caused by PEP medications or not. Assuming that this is the suspect, hair loss has been rarely associated with the tenofovir component of Truvada. I would expect that once the medication was discontinued, that this side effect (or any others) should resolve.

Be well, BY

400 mg of ciclovir as pep treatment
worried about my liver