400 mg of ciclovir as pep treatment

Hi there, I am a foreign aid worker in el salvador and was possibly exposed to HIV. My doctor put me on 400 mg of ciclovir every twelve hourse as a pep treatment. She told me I should take it for 2 or three months. I've been reviewing the information on your website and this doesn't make sense with what I'm reading, ie. 2 or 3 medications for 28 days. Can you advise if this is appropriate treatment and if not, do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

If I understand, "ciclovir" is what we call acyclovir here in the US. Acyclovir is not a treatment for HIV, nor a PEP medication. PEP medication is only prescribed for 1 month (or 28 days).

Acyclovir is used to treat herpes virus infection.

which one is better
Hair loss with PEP?