Norivir to 400mg Reyataz

HIV for 26 years and healthy! I have been on Norivir,Reyataz and Combivir for 4 years. Undetectable viral load, 560 t-cells and feel great except for a bloating feeling. My doctor suggested stopping the Norivir and increasing my Reyataz to 400mg. Any suggestions on the switch? Is this common in therapy? Can i ever go back on Norivir if I stop? Thank you for any advice!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Atazanavir (Reyataz) can either be dosed 300 mg with ritonavir (Norvir) or 400 mg without ritonavir. It's a reasonable to presume that some of your side effects could be related to the Norvir, so a simplification to unboosted atazanavir might help.

A number of my patients receive unboosted atazanavir (usually with abacavir/lamivudine), as studied in the ARIES clinical trial.

Should you need to in the future, this switch doesn't preclude going back to Norvir.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Efficacy/Synergy of Isentress+Norvir+Prezista+Viread
Having sex with two partners without condom