Efficacy/Synergy of Isentress+Norvir+Prezista+Viread

I was switched to Isentress+Norvir+Prezista+Viread a year and a half ago. I have achieved an undectable viral load, but at a cost of daily side effects that include neurapathy, body aches, and bad taste in my mouth.

Has there been a trial testing the efficacy/synergy of this combination?

If I ask my doctor to drop the PIs and switch me to Truvada + Isentress, am I at risk for rises in viral load because the PIs prevent viral budding?

Hello and thanks for posting.

In brief, yes. There have been several studies using raltegravir (Isentress) in combination with boosted protease inhibitors (such as darunavir/Prezista) for treatment experienced patients. Indeed, combinations that include raltegravir and darunavir are particularly potent and generally very well tolerated. The largest studies of these regimens, called BENCHMRK have been published.

The combination of Truvada and Isentress has also been well studied in the STARTMRK trial, and published . This combination is one of the preferred first-line regimens in the current US treatment guidelines.

Regarding dropping the PI, the answer would depend on the specifics as to why you were placed on the first regimen- does your virus have evidence of drug resistance?

I hope that helps, BY

Question About HAART Quad Therapy
Norivir to 400mg Reyataz