Been on Atripla and missed one Dose.

Hello, I have been poz since April 2012 and been taking Atripla for about 3 months now. My CD4 count is 509, CD4% is 39, CD8 count is 448, CD8 count 448. I missed one dose of my Atripla medication from falling asleep a bit too early. My normal time of taking my dosage is 10pm. I woke up in a panic scared that I missed my dose. I took it at 11 a.m. the next morning. Will this affect me? Will I build up resistance to the pill? Should I have just waitied for my next dose to take it?

Hi and thanks for posting.

Other than the possibility of having efavirenz side effects during the daytime, there should be no effect of your late dose. Did you experience side effects? If not, if there's another missed dose you could take the Atripla in the morning, just like you did this time. On the other hand, if you do have those unwanted side effects, then skipping one dose should be ok- so long as your overall adherence is in the 95% range (1 miss in 20).

I'd certainly not expect any problems related to drug resistance.

Be well, BY

genital herpes
Extremely scared even after a 12 week negative