Jul 8, 2012
Dear dr. im 27 yo n hiv positive with 461 count n undetectable. i veen having itching in the anal region n pain. My dr told me it was herpes n ge put me in antibotics valtrex. does this means im developing aids. pls help me im so afraid to die.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
No near to fear. Though uncomfortable, genital (or perianal) herpes is not an AIDS-defining illness in any way.
Be well, and write back anytime. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Having Genital Herpes Mean I Have Hiv?
- I Have Genital Herpes Does That Mean I Have Hiv
- When After Infection Do Genital Herpes Symptoms Occur?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- Achy Balls After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.