hiv antibody

This might be a dumb question. I was bit by a snake about a month ago. I went to the er and they did a series of blood test. They checked for antibodies to make sure my body was fighting off the venom of the snake. Would Hiv antobodies show up in a test like that?. . I'm not really worried about having it.. I just knowbhere is always a chance.

I'm not sure what antibody tests that the ER might have run to look for snake venom antibodies, but no. The only tests that look for HIV are HIV-specific antibody tests.

Opt-out HIV antibody testing is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control as part of all healthcare encounters for all persons ages 13-64. The ER should have (but frankly rarely do) offer testing.

If you're unsure of your HIV status, consider getting tested. There are many non-judgmental HIV counseling and testing sites around the country. The CDC has this great web resource to find an HIV testing site.

Hope that helps. BY

what to substitute for abacavir?
traveling