TPHA

Sir/Madam My name is Anil.Recently I was tested TPHA positive. Could you help me in explaining what is TPHA and if there is any threat for my life. I was offered a job in Oman, but due to this test found positive. I could not go. What is the best treatment and is there any chance that i can go for a Job abroad

Hello Anil and thanks for posting.

The THPA test looks for evidence of syphilis infection. This could either be prior or active infection and the test doesn't not discriminate between these circumstances.

Syphilis is easily treated with 1 to 3 injections of penicillin. This is particularly important to receive if you're HIV positive, since untreated syphilis in positives carries an increased risk of causing neurological problems. Indeed, after treatment, it's important to get follow up syphilis testing to makes sure that everything goes as expected (the titers will decrease).

Once treated, there's no reason, in my opinion that this should be a hurdle to employment, but the test will remain positive.

I hope that helps and wish you well. BY

The Simple Truth: Grapefruit Juice or Not?
New Therapy Combination