Jun 29, 2012
I was walking my dog today and there appeared to be dried blood on the paving, I didn't step in it but I'm pretty sure my dog did. I went home and wiped down my dog's feet. Is there a risk of HIV/AIDS transmission here? Or am I just being overtly anxious?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi You are being overly anxious! No way for HIV transmission to occur this way. If it were indeed blood that your dog stepped in, HIV dies once it is outside of the body.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- What Does Chlamydia Feel Like?
- What Can Cause Blisters On Vagina Besides Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.