Is there a chance?? Or is it pure Hypochondria?

Dear Dr. I am a 20 year old female from Greece and as of January 2012 I have been having a sexual relationship with a 23 year old male. We have NEVER had unprotected vaginal sex though several times we had unprotected oral sex, 3-4 of which he had ejaculated in my mouth and I swallowed the sperm. The last 4 months I have been having incurrable sinus infections (taken 2 antibiotics nothing worked), swollen tonsils and phplegm due to adenoid hyperplasy, I have also been suffering from constipation probably all my life but these months I have anal fissures more often than usually (I have NEVER had anal sex). I also have very sensitive gum and my mouth has been getting injured, bleeding and canker sores pretty often thoses months. My partner doesn't do drugs or injections but I don't have much information on his sexual past. He is straight, looks totally healthy and he is ALWAYS clean, we live in a small town (less possibilities i guess) but the articles I've read about HIV say that EVERYBODY can have it and without any symptoms..I am afraid that IF he has it, I definetely have it too because I swallowed these 3-4 times and because of the contact of sperm and any possible sore in my mouth or my swollen tonsils (sometimes I had blood in my mouth due to the adenoids too). Sometimes, I also think that all the symptoms I have (the adenoids, sensitive mouth, fissures) are a result of HIV. I also have to inform you that I am a DIAGNOSED hypochondriac (the last 3 years there were periods that I was afraid I had cancer, leukhemia, multiple sclerosis and these days HIV). Do I have many possibilities to be HIV positive?? Is this combination of symptoms an HIV sign or the sores in my mouth are a result of the overall sinus problems and the fissures a result of the constipation because of my stress and sedentary lifestyle and i am just over-reacting just because of my health anxiety?? Thank you for your time! Please excuse me for my poor english.

Hi First the good news, you had protected sex, this prevents HIV transmission from occurring this way. We also know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. But with open sores and poor gum health it does increase the chances, some. Besides HIV there are other sexually transmitted infections that you can get. Granted you were honest about your hypochondria, but I would recommend that you get testing for all the STI's which should include HIV just to give you the peace of mind to decrease your anxiety around this. The symptoms you are experiencing are not HIV related. Also not knowing what his past looks like with previous partners it is just good to know your status.

Trazodone with...
My dog