Viread missed two weeks

Due to some reason, I didn't get viread on time while traveling abroad and I missed the dose for more than two weeks! I've been taking it for nearly two years. So what's the consequences of it? I am very anxious now, please help!

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'll assume that you're taking other HIV medications in addition to Viread (tenofovir); it's simply not a good idea to take less than all of your HIV medications. The reason for the is the possibility (or likelihood) of having fewer than the needed 3 fully active medications to suppress HIV replication. In these circumstances there's risk of emergence of new drug resistant virus.

The ideal thing to do if you only have a subset of your medications is first to contact your care provider and pharmacy to see if the situation can be remedied in haste, second, to ask about stopping all treatment until a time when the entire regimen is available.

At this point, I'd inform your doctor about the situation; if you were my patient, I'd be looking to monitor your viral load more closely for the next month or two.

Fingers crossed, BY

Can I hold off on med's a while longer?
what blood test should I take to monitor my health when I take ARVs...