|medications for chlamydia
Jun 27, 2012
i have a prescription for clindamycin and im wondering if that medication would cure chlamydia? please help me with this question.
Response from Dr. Young
Clindamycin is not a treatment for Chlamydia. According to the US CDC:
Chlamydia can be easily treated and cured with antibiotics. A single dose of azithromycin or a week of doxycycline (twice daily) are the most commonly used treatments. HIV-positive persons with chlamydia should receive the same treatment as those who are HIV negative.
Bad dreams at night
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Genital Wart Treatment And Healing Time
- What Stds Cause A Redness And Red Bumps On Penis?
- Can Swollen Lymphnodes Cause Tight Feeling?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.