medications for chlamydia
Jun 27, 2012
i have a prescription for clindamycin and im wondering if that medication would cure chlamydia? please help me with this question.
Response from Dr. Young
Clindamycin is not a treatment for Chlamydia. According to the US CDC:
Chlamydia can be easily treated and cured with antibiotics. A single dose of azithromycin or a week of doxycycline (twice daily) are the most commonly used treatments. HIV-positive persons with chlamydia should receive the same treatment as those who are HIV negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Sex On A Woman And HIV Transmission Risk
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.