what to do

I'm frustrated now its been a few days since i cant swallow my pills its like they get stuck in my throat n give me nauseas is there something else besides pills its frustrating I get in bad mood my daughters can't even talk to me or look at me if I'm trying to drink my pills its like I need a lot of concentration n please I need help I'm really frustrated I even cry if I can't drink them

Hello and thanks for posting.

It seems as if you have two issues, one is swallowing the pills, the second is nausea. For the first, it's important to know if you have difficulty swallowing other things, for example, liquids or solid foods. If you do, then the problem isn't your pills but possibly a problem or injury to your throat or esophagus. If not, then the issue could be related to the medications- sometimes taking the medications with food, or dissolving them in liquid may help (speak to your pharmacist about this). Some HIV medications (but not all) are available in liquid (pediatric) formulation; we've used this strategy for a few patients with success.

As for the nausea, I'd like to know how long you've been taking this set of medications. Is the nausea new onset or did you have the nausea from the beginning of taking the meds?

In the end, it would seem that a call to your doctor is in order. Do know that there should be a strategy to deal with your difficulties and still allow you to take important medications.

BY

HIV Test
FROM REYATAZ TO PREZISTA