Triple bypass surgery
Jun 22, 2012
I am taking Complera and have bypass surgery scheduled in 3 days. Do I take my medication on the day of surgery? What about high fat meal and NPI?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Usually, it's ok to take pills on surgical days, but since Complera requires a meal for dosing, it's not a good idea to take the day of surgery.
You could consider taking your medication the night before with a meal (making sure that the meal occurs before the doctors want you fasting).
I hope that helps and good luck with the surgery. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Thrush An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.