Triple bypass surgery
Jun 22, 2012
I am taking Complera and have bypass surgery scheduled in 3 days. Do I take my medication on the day of surgery? What about high fat meal and NPI?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Usually, it's ok to take pills on surgical days, but since Complera requires a meal for dosing, it's not a good idea to take the day of surgery.
You could consider taking your medication the night before with a meal (making sure that the meal occurs before the doctors want you fasting).
I hope that helps and good luck with the surgery. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Doxycycline Treat Vaginal Infections?
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.