Jun 19, 2012
I ran out of my Metformin and have missed 5 doses. Is this going to cause a serious problem. I have been taking it since January 2012, 1000mg 2x daily.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While missing your diabetes medicine (metformin) isn't ideal- it'll result in higher blood sugars for the 2 or 3 days; there's generally no long term issues. The bigger question is to understand why the doses were missed in the first place and try to prevent the missed doses from happening (if possible) in the future.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Breast Milk?
- Is Sore On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.